Assessor’s training programmes are conducted by NABL. In order to qualify, potential Assessors are required to attend a 5-day residential NABL Assessor Training Course. NABL organizes Assessor Training courses for ISO/ IEC 17025: 2005 assessors for testing (other than medical) & calibration laboratories and ISO 15189: 2012 assessors for medical laboratories, ISO/ IEC 17043: 2010 for PTP and ISO Guide 34: 2009 for RMP. The course contents include:
- Introduction to Accreditation and International dimensions
- Accreditation criteria & their interpretations
- NABL operations
- Accreditation process & Assessment techniques
- Assessor’s Skills & Attributes
- Exercises & Written examination etc
The course material is based on APLAC TR 001 ‘Guidelines on Training Course for Assessors’ and ILAC G3 ‘Guidelines for Training Courses for Assessors used by Laboratory Accreditation Schemes’ and ISO 19011: 2011 ‘Guidelines for auditing management systems’.
Those who complete this course, NABL may empanel them as NABL Assessors provided they have qualified the criteria for personal attributes and in the written examination which NABL conducts at the end of the course. NABL empanels only those experts who sign a contract with NABL.
The above training courses are residential and the course fee include charges for course material, boarding, lodging etc.
The criteria for the selection of experts/assessors for NABL are based on the following:
(i) Qualification and Experience Requirements of Assessors:
For becoming NABL assessor; the minimum educational qualification requirements are a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or a Master’s degree in Science. The work experience requirement is a minimum of ten years in the relevant field of testing/ calibration/ PTP/ RMP, out of which five years at supervisory level and above.
The Assessors for medical laboratories are required to be postgraduate in relevant medical fields or Ph.D. in relevant scientific fields with work experience of ten years out of which five years at supervisory level and above.
The candidate shall have preferably undergone 4-days training course on laboratory/ PTP/ RMP quality management system and internal audit.
(ii) Other important aspects considered for selection are:
- Extensive experience in performing testing and calibration
- Experience in laboratory management and operations
- – Current responsibilities for day to day management of testing and / or calibration
- – Development and implementation of laboratory quality assurance procedure.
- A high degree of communication skills, both oral and written.
- Related professional activities including publication of technical papers in the testing or calibration, standards development and participation in conducting and/or coordinating proficiency programmes.
(iii) Preferred Age: 35 to 55 years
(iv)Course Fee – Rs 20,000 plus GST (as applicable)
How to apply?
Experts having expertise in any of the fields/ areas of testing/ calibration/ medical/ PTP/ RMP are welcome to become Assessors. Interested candidates meeting the ‘Criteria for selection’ should send the detailed bio-data in Document 221 to NABL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Please note that the above course is not an open course. The selection of participants is at the sole discretion of NABL. The selection of the candidate shall be done by NABL based on its current/anticipated requirements in specific fields/facilities and availability of trained assessors in its pool. Only after selection, the participant shall be communicated by NABL to submit the course fee. After the receipt of the course fee by NABL further details like course material, venue, accommodation, etc. shall be shared with the selected participant.”